Sunday, November 19, 2017

Sunday Scripture Blessings Link Up 11 19 17

Blank journal page that I edited is from Pexels.com where you can find some great free to use photos.
I'm still reading in Matthew as the Christmas season approaches. I plan to read Matthew as well as some of the other New Testament gospels during this time that share the words of Jesus. What are you reading or do you have Advent reading plans that you usually follow?


This, then, is how you should pray:

Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come, your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread. 
And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.
Matthew 6:9-13 NIV


From the Amplified Classic Bible:
Pray, therefore, like this: Our Father Who is in heaven, hallowed (kept holy) be Your name.
10 Your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven ([e]left, remitted, and let go of the debts, and have [f]given up resentment against) our debtors.
13 And lead (bring) us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.

From the KJV 
After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Blessings to everyone, and to those who will be celebrating Thanksgiving this week, I hope you have a wonderful day and lots of good food. With God on our side, we can be Thankful every day of the year. Yay!!

I had the pleasure of going to the grand-daughter's school Thanksgiving play (she's the baby of the grandbabies and lives 3 1/2 hours away), and that was a blessing in itself to see all those adorable Kindergarten children so excited to be putting on their play for their parents and grandparents. She remembered all her lines. She was a little pilgrim girl, who shared scripture as well as a poem about a Turkey. She's been excited about it for over a month, and the day finally arrived.

That day, grandpa and I were Thankful for the blessing of her and her sweet nature as well as all those other children that were in the play.

Sunday Scripture Blessings, You're Next:


~hugs 'n giggles 'n blessings~

Peabea


4 comments:

  1. We always pick up the children's advent at church and walk them through it. I love their (but I don't remember which one they use!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. December brings me to the end of my Bible reading plan for the year, so I'm always ending the year in Revelation. I often think how appropriate it is that I'm reading those words of what is yet to be at the same time we're celebrating the birth of Christ - focusing on the second coming and the first coming at the same time. I also try to read through the first 4 books of the New Testament between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been deep into finishing an inductive Bible study with our small group and will be done just in time to begin Advent reading. I like to follow shereadstruth.com and their advent devotional.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a blessing to see Thanksgiving and Christmas through the eyes of our children and then, our grandchildren! This year I will again be going through Come, Lord Jesus by Kris Camealy. I read it last year and loved it! May you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Nothing better than a scribbled comment or just a Hello. I look forward to them all..~Have a great week~ Please note that since if I reply to your comment here, you won't know unless you keep traveling back, so I try to always visit anyone who comments and leave a comment on their blog plus I like visiting anyway and making new blog friends. Have a great scribbling day. :)